Sunday, July 02, 2006

VERMONT QUILT FESTIVAL

I drove up to the show with some friends on Friday. I took a lot of photos but will only do a few at a time here.
These are from the Antique Quilts exhibit. There should have been more photos -- but I was pretty tired by the time I got to them and had my arms full of stuff -- mainly copies of the New Zealand Quilter and Magic Patch...
This quilt is labelled as 'Original Applique, circa 1870'. There were quite a few similar ones that were designated as 'Cut Paper Applique'.
This one is 'Lattice Block, circa 1880'. Almost a charm quilt with fabrics dating from 1820 to 1880, American, English and French fabrics. The photo below is a closeup of a section of the quilt.

Lots more to come!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelina said...

These are great! I haven't seen cutwork except for Hawaiian applique. I look forward to seeing more.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ann Smith said...

Ohmygosh Jacquie, you've done about a year's worth of blogging in the past week LOL! LOVED seeing the pics of the quilts and Bangor, and glad you like your postcard of the Camden Hills!

The Vermont quilter is WONDERFUL... really love her scenes. Yes, maybe I will have to trek to VT for the show... {Grin}

I've been SWAMPED... got the quilts up at the bank, then the pictures up on my blog.... Now I want a break. Next week, boys start to camp, and I get to re-upholster the huge tatty chair in the living room (after having the fabric for 3 years!)....

Hugs! Sarah

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home