Friday, March 17, 2006






























Our five cats do lead comfortable lives! I found all of them cosily napping yesterday afternoon and grabbed my camera. From the top left they are Whitefoot (the friendliest one -- she even likes strangers!), Tigger (my special lap sitter) with Buffy (who is the only one who likes to go out all year round); Flecki (who likes petting but not being picked up or lap sitting) and T2 (the most self-sufficient of them all). I forget most of their ages but do know that Whitefoot is almost 12, Flecki and Tigger are the same age and Buffy is the youngest.

Like all cats they are individuals -- every one!

I am hopeful about spring -- nice day with temperatures up in the 50s -- then the next day it snows -- and then it is just cold with a bit of wind. It all adds up to typically changeable New England weather but considering what has been happening in other parts of the country I guess I shouldn't complain!

We had our St. Patrick's day orgy of a corned beef boiled dinner followed by Irish soda bread. No Irish that I know of in my ancestry and DH has German-Italian forebears -- but we do like the food!

I'm working on blocks for a Row Robin I'm in with my Just Quilting group. They are for one with a garden theme and looking at the blocks that have been made so far I noted that there were no insects. Now what is a garden without bugs? I'm only doing two ground based ones but also added three butterflies and a bird as they were also missing. Still a lot to do on them but eventually...

One of these days I will have no must-dos -- either from outside or self imposed -- and can get around to playing with some of the materials and toys I have been collecting. One of these days...

5 Comments:

Blogger Julaine said...

Got it!!! Love the kitties...

Julaine

11:46 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

ohhhhhh! how awful! what abuse! Poor Whitefoot looks as though she couldn't possibly settle down on such a rumpled quilt, and that poor buff kitty looks as if he's about to fall off of that pile of comfy blankets...doesn't he have his own pile? The other two..well, they just look as though they exhausted themselves worrying about the others. A tragedy indeed. (My animals have similar problems!)

5:27 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

ohhhhhh! how awful! what abuse! Poor Whitefoot looks as though she couldn't possibly settle down on such a rumpled quilt, and that poor buff kitty looks as if he's about to fall off of that pile of comfy blankets...doesn't he have his own pile? The other two..well, they just look as though they exhausted themselves worrying about the others. A tragedy indeed. (My animals have similar problems!)

5:27 AM  
Blogger Beate Knappe said...

Katzen sind doch was wunderbares, sie bringen sehr viel Ruhe in unser Leben, ich habe viele Jahre mit Katzen gelebt und nun habe ich einen Hund, was auch sehr schön ist

2:49 AM  
Blogger k baxter packwood said...

Your buff colored tabby looks like my Barley!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home