Saturday, February 25, 2006








Finally time to try to post some info and photos. I'll start with some photos I took at the opening reception for the 'It's Not Your Granny's Afghan Any More' fiber arts exhibit at the local galler, The Vault. I feel rather godmotherly toward this exhibit as I sowed the seed for it last summer when I complained about the lack of fiber art in the gallery and followed up by taking in some examples (including my collection of FiberATCs from swaps I had been in) and several issues of Quilting Arts. The gallery director was excited by all this and recruited a number of Vermont fiber artists for this exhibit. If this program will cooperate I'll post the photos. Wish me luck!

Okay -- it didn't work the way I would have liked but at least they are up!

From the top:

View from the front door with baskets by Kris Winnicki
L: Postcard announcing the exhibit; R: Knitted sheep's head by Kalie Tyne
L: Wallhangings byKelly MacLaury; R: Felted wool Wallhanging by Shelley Sas

And that is enough for today!

3 Comments:

Blogger allie aller said...

A great start to your blog here!
I'd love to know more about the woodsy landscape that is on the poster...who did it, what is the size, which materials were used? It's lovely!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Kudos for sowing the seeds! It's a great exhibit.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah E. said...

Congrats on your new blog!!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home