Wednesday, March 29, 2006

News -- such as it is

Some time since I wrote here but I finally have something to write about! First of all my Row Robin top arrived from my Just Quilting group and I really think it came out well. I started it with the row of sitting cats. I really like the row of bluebirds at the top -- so cheerful!


I have blocks to finish for another member's row robin and will be getting another one to add to The one I am working on now has a garden theme, the other a lake theme but I have no idea what blocks have already been done.



Then on Friday we got our new used car, a 1997 Toyota Camry four door sedan with a number of amenities we have never had before -- push button windows, a radio, air bags, air conditioning. We took it out for a drive on Sunday, going north above Montpelier and enjoying scenery. We wanted to do more driving on the secondary roads but their post-frost state made them uncomfortable riding! It was still a nice outing. and here is the car!

















I really think that spring is on its way. It was quite warm and sunny today -- actually went out without a jacket! Saw some crocuses blooming down the street and the forsythia buds are beginning to get fat. Snow is gone but lawns are still brown. Reading reports sent to the Quilt Art list from warmer climes makes me anxious for things to get going here. Eventually...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ann Smith said...

Great quilt and great new car! We must be kindred souls, jq, my eye went IMMEDIATELY to *your* row of cats in your row quilt!

My SIL works for Toyota (in LA) and the Camry's are just amazingly good cars. I'll bet you'll have this one for a decade without any troubles....

Love seeing your kitties (and your batik curtains in the background),

Hugs, Sarah

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home