Monday, March 01, 2010

MORE DYEING

Well, we had some more snow so I did a little more. This time I used 1/2 yard pieces of the PFD muslin -- and found they were actually a little large for the pots -- or I didn't add enough dye. Once I found that the dye had not penetrated to the bottom of the pots I just put the fabric back in with the undyed part of the fabric up and added more soda ash solution, snow and dye -- and waited.

On inspection of the results I see that I did get rather carried away with applications of red and blue dyes -- I have a lot of purple! -- and all but one piece are quite deeply and vividly colored.





























































On the whole it was fun to do and I will eventually think of a worthy project or so to use them in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wen Redmond said...

Doesn't this look like fun. Something to do in the winter! I usually do my dying when my studio is warm so this will be fun to try!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home