Monday, February 22, 2010

MORE SNOW DYEING

I had so much fun and was so pleased with my first efforts that I decided to do a little more. This time I chose 1/2 yard pieces of PFD muslin which I first washed, then soaked in the soda ash solution before placing in the flower pots. I added snow as before but changed the application method for the dyes, using the curved end of straws to pick up the dyes with a finger over the other end to hold it in place until I got into the position I wanted to release the dye to. This made for a somewhat more controlled application.
















When I placed the fabrics in the pots I also included a piece of soda ash soaked cheesecloth with three of the fabrics, the cheesecloth sort of nestled in the middle. This is the one without cheesecloth:



These are the ones with cheesecloth:







































More snow is prophesied for this week -- maybe I'll do some more!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherryl said...

I like your results Jacquie. Go for it!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Karen Newman Fridy said...

Too much fun!! All of our snow is gone, but there's a rumor about winter returning this Thursday...I'm going to prep some fabric just in case

8:46 AM  
Blogger Antonija said...

Ooooh I likee! These turned out really nice. More, more!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Madalene said...

Beautiful! I am hoping to get more snow dyeing done with the storm that's moving up the East coast. Your results have motivated me even more.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home